soil/soul

soil |soil|
-
ORIGIN late Middle English : from Anglo-Norman French, perhaps representing Latin solium ‘seat’ by association with solum ‘ground’

soul - |sōl|
-
ORIGIN Old English sāwol, sāw(e)l, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch ziel and German Seele.


Re-Locating soil & sand- Cardiff, October 2008

Ania sent me some sand from the Isle of Wight. Sand from her favourite beach on the island..

I decided that sand which came from the sea / ocean / water should go back to the water especially after knowing about Ania’s philosophy about the sand!


I went to Cardiff bay and looked for a place where I can throw some of the sand I have in the ocean. It was a very cold and windy day but it didn’t stop me from finding the suitable moment to place the sand again in the water. I still keep some sand to be relocated in Toronto Great Lake but still don’t know when..





However, and in the same trip, I had the other bag of soil. The one from Poland. There was a small park nearby and lots of trees as well spreading all over the area but what pulled my attention was a cut tree which looks lonely and isolated from the others. There is a small branch that grew up from the trunk announcing that life is still there! I just felt that why don’t support this baby branch with more soil? A Polish one!







No comments: